We are proud to produce LIVE Certified wines, which are sustainably farmed, in partnership with the LIVE and Salmon Safe programs.
- Maintenance of local biodiversity in the vineyard to cultivate beneficial native species including plants and insects
- The setting aside of untouched land/ fallow acreage on our property to foster natural habitat for animals, insects and native species.
- Grafted vines on certified disease resistant rootstock
- Minimal chemical use, only from approved LIVE list
- Soil augmentation based on soil and tissue analysis
- Mulch plant materials back into vineyard
- Mechanical cultivation including use of in-row cultivator
- Compost grape materials post fermentation
- Year-round employment for vineyard staff
Our Winery and Winemaking Practices
- Electric forklifts
- Geothermal barrel cave utilizing natural underground heating and cooling
- Energy efficient lighting
- Sustainability plan, which includes optimal use goals measured through tracking consumption of water and energy resources.
- Recycling program including everything from glass to office paper, case boxes to pallet wrap
- Unbleached and pulp shipping materials
- Production wastewater management – production space drain water used for irrigation in accordance with DEQ
- Keg wine program, providing wine to restaurant and retailers in refillable kegs. One 5.16 gal keg = 25 bottles of wine
- Creating a working environment which supports local, year-round employment for winery and vineyard staff
- Partnerships with local vendors, suppliers and artisans; including procurement of winemaking materials and products for sale in tasting room and for events.